‘Hmmm’: Adam Kinzinger Suspicious There Are No Tariffs on Russia
What a Peach! Watch Unhinged Leftist Crow About 'No FEMA' for Tornado-Impacted Red...
Tim Walz's Magical Media Tour Continues! He Tells MSNBC Voters Regret Electing Trump...
Not Even CLOSE, Bud! The Hill Wants Us to Believe the Pendulum Is...
Only 19% of Baltimore Kids Are Proficient in Math, So the District Spends...
Jamie Raskin Calls Fed. Employees Patriots, Claims They Pass Up MANY Rich Jobs...
U.S. Bans Romantic Relationships Between Gov Workers and Chinese Citizens, Eric Swalwell H...
EPIC Post from GenZ'r Explaining Why He's NOT Worried About His 401K DECIMATES...
Now That the Border Is Secure It's Safe for Dems to Go (Tom...
NBC News Scrapes the Bottom of the Barrel to Get a Nurse's Opinion...
CNN's Abby Phillip Gets Fact Checked to Her Face!
HORSES**T! Stephanie Ruhle Tries Lecturing MAGA About What THEY Voted for but Dean...
Chuck Schumer Triggered By Elon Musk's Spot-On 1-Word Post About Dems Suing to...
Fauci's WIFE? LOL! So... ABOUT Those Higher-Up Firings at NIH, You May Have...
'Keep Yackin' You GRIFTER!' Greg Gutfeld Pulls ZERO Punches Taking Joe Scarborough DOWN...

Lawyers cite coverage of Boston Marathon finish line shoveler in request to move Tsarnaev trial

As of last week, lawyers for Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev had made three attempts to have the trial moved outside of Massachusetts, arguing that a large number of potential jurors were already convinced of Tsarnaev’s guilt. According to WSYX, 68 percent of the 1,373 prospective jurors who filled out questionnaires already believe Tsarnaev is guilty.

Advertisement

https://twitter.com/molmccann/status/558361451048730624

That argument didn’t fly, so today Tsarnaev’s legal team tried again, arguing that a photo that went viral of a bartender shoveling snow off of the Boston Marathon finish line was reason enough to move the trial.

The Boston Globe reports:

The coverage of the man who was inspired to clean off the finish line during this week’s blizzard “aptly symbolizes the unprecedented level of public feeling that still surrounds the Boston Marathon bombing, and that underlies the difficulties that have beset the jury selection process so far,” the attorneys said in a document filed Friday in US District Court in Boston.

A photograph of a mystery man clearing the finish line during the blizzard went viral this week. It turned out to be bartender Christopher Laudani, 25. He said he wasn’t thinking of the terrorist attack, but of the Marathon, which he has run five times himself, including in 2013, when he was near mile 25 when the bombs went off.

“It’s more about the finish line itself, what it represents to me. The love of something that is way bigger than any of us,” he told the Globe.

Something tells us this is a long shot for the defense.

Advertisement

https://twitter.com/SmallvilleHS/status/561282959047950336

https://twitter.com/Hedge76/status/561283170658963456

https://twitter.com/SmallvilleHS/status/561283749896544256

The trial was to begin Monday, January 26 but will have to be delayed as the search for an unbiased jury pool of 70 continues — slowly.

Advertisement

Next …

https://twitter.com/AnnoCNN/status/561204439667990528

Next …

https://twitter.com/AnnoCNN/status/561197888932708352

https://twitter.com/AnnoCNN/status/561200674760048640

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Twitchy Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement